Is live reproduction the goal of audio?

Is the ultimate direction of electronics to reproduce the original performance as though it were live?
lakefrontroad
Just like you did?

Ah, but you see I have the whole ensemble; the lips, the round rubber nose, clown shoes....I've got the whole Bozo thing going on! As Tvad indicated, I'm sure folks would appreciate if you had something more to contribute aside from your snide comments. What have you got to say about the subject at hand, besides the fact that you are not a member of the jax2 fan club?

Marco
>>Your gold star and wax clown lips are on the way in the mail to you now<<

The gold star is cool but skip the lips. I have no interest in looking like you.
To illustrate that you chould use the film analogy again and look at Andy Warhols documentary of, I think it was the Empire State Building. He put a camera on a tripod and filmed the building from the same vantage point for many hours without moving the camera or tripod. That's the entire film. That's the truth. That's Andy's truth. I doubt many of us would be interested to watch it for very long. What's your truth? What's wrong with a "wild discussion"...it actually makes you think a bit...stretch your imagination...step out of the box.

I'm not tooo fast . but will get there.

I'm so far out of the box that you should stay away.

You see you are absolutely right about my truth, Andy's truh and your truth. So much that when someone says that component A kills B then he is imposing their truth on you . You will never get to the bottom of anything that way.

Making this a wild discussion about the subject ....and not the subject. 100%

Making me and you wild and .....LOL

This has been discussed/argued so many times and there is no resolution. Perception is not reality, and reality cannot be subjective. People too often confuse opinion for fact. Just because 20 people in a room describe an event differently does not change the event. It simply points out the amount of error taking place in peoples minds, and their inability to explain their perceptions. Most of the people in that room will be wrong when they relate their experience. That does not take anything away from the event, it simply proves human fallability.

The big issue arises when people who were not in the room try to explain as authorities what took place there because they heard a recording of the event.

Charlie it might be a step in the right direction. BUT ANYWAY, do you have something to offer to the discussion?