Completely off topic - Kitchen Appliance Forums

Quit the snickering but we are doing a kitchen and family room reno. The good news is that the speakers in our living room will finally be able to move out where they should be. The bad news I need to figure out about appliances. Wondering if any of you know any websites like this that discuss the various merits of good appliances. Reasonable budget. Not looking to spend a fortune but cook a moderate amount. Thanks in advance
gajgmusic
Gotta second Marco on the Bosch dishwasher! We did a reno on our kitchen/dining room about three years ago, put in a Bosch and still am amazed at how quiet it is. It also has a stainless steel interior, which many do not. And best of all, it is real world priced.

If you are going for the professional kitchen approach, Viking looks good, but the consumer models have had some reliability "issues". Wolf ranges are a hardy alternative as are the Gagenau(sp?) from France. In the upmarket 'fridge department Subzero is far more reliable than Viking.

General Electric's Monogram series of appliances are getting some good press as well.

Best of luck in your project!!
The thyratron in your microwave is actually a tube. So your kitchen already has a tube system. Wow, ain't bein' an audiophile great?
I'll third the Bosch dishwasher, my mother has one. Does a nice job, seems well designed, she hasn't had any problems with it and it is indeed extremely quiet, though not silent.

I wish my 130 year old apt. had a dishwasher..hell, I wish it had counters lol....
We renovated our kitchen a couple of years ago. Tore it down to the studs, removed a wall and rewired it myself. Man, running that ten gauge wire for the stove was a chore. Anyway, we went with the upper level Maytag appliances. Very good for the $$.
A side note; we are moving into a new home soon. Running the ten gauge for the stove was good practice as I plan on doing the same (probably 12 gauge) for the listening room.
To supplement your research, you could phone the authorized service people for the appliances you are considering. They are frequently candid about problems with certain manufacturers.