Starting a high-end audio shop... Am I crazy?

In my mid 40's reaching that mid-life crisis, which is not a myth. Many of my friends are leaving good jobs to start all kinds of wacky businesses. I am actually thinking of giving up a $120,000 yr job and starting a high-end audio retail biz - both online and hopefully later on a brick & mortar store. Have 20 years experience in sales and marketing, and/or design of software, electronics, multimedia, video and financial products including a few years in music retail and production.

Who can share their experience, or advice? Is the markup, distribution, etc of high end electronics similar to that of regular electronics? Any sources of info or pointers, tips, horror stories etc are appreciated.
gdoodle
I'd say go for it! At least you'll have no regrets later. It sounds like you have the background to be sucessful. Good Luck!
I think your best bet would be to contact the owners of small high-end stores / businesses in your general part of the country. They'd have the best handle on the current high-end market. Many have had to shift a lot of their business into home theater, but some still make a living selling only high-end audio. If you'll make another post about where you live, our members could probably provide you with the names of some good contacts.
Sdcambell,

I'm familiar with the 2-3 high end guys in town and bought from them but not sure I would want to approach them. I really need to start online and would love to find someone online who would not be threatened my presence, like the local guys might. I do understand they are going into home theater quite a bit and there is probably a lot of money in that which is OK by me. There are more Ferraris/Porshe/Maserati's dealerships in my neighborhood than decent high end audio shops - if that is worth anything... there is plenty of disposable income round these parts.
Good luck to you...gotta chase your dreams! A couple of questions to ponder...

1. Where are you planning to base your operation?
2. What is your targeted market?

Jim Ricketts/tmh audio
Start one in Cleveland , Oh,. We have nobody.
I live in the suburbs, had to go to Chicago to
find a standup co.
If done right & diversified you will make it.
Location is always key.