Hi-Fi in Bay Area?

Dear Goners:

Would anyone like to suggest good hi-fi shops in the Bay Area? Emphasis would be on very high-end two channel (Lamm, Brinkmann turntables, Verity speakers, etc., would be items of potential interest). Will be staying downtown at Westin St. Francis and would prefer something not too far away.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
dearing
The analog room is a great place. They always treated me nice even if I was
grazing. After all Brian's input, it seemed like the lyra argo was the way to go.
After a few weeks I found the cartridge was not right for my system. I talked
to Brian and we decided to go to a Koetsu . He applied my full purchase
price towards the Koetsu. As far as the cigar issue, I think this is a minor issue.
I have purchased many records from him and there is no cigar smell
on the discs. If you're into analog ckeck him out, his store is turnbable and cartridge heaven.
4yanx,

I think the major bone of contention is that you state:

"The treatment there can be indifferent, at best, and extremely rude at worst."

This means, at least to me, that the BEST one can hope to be treated, is with "indifference". I completely disagree with that statement. I was not treated that way in my first visit, and I dealt with Brian. And I did not buy anything until my third or fourth visit. I was merely gathering information, and he more than gladly provided it.

And I disagree with your last statement that Music Lovers (at least the Berkeley store) is always a pleasant visit. My first couple of visits there were much closer to the Audible Difference code of conduct than to the pleasant Analog Room visits I have made. My friend had the same experience as I in fact. (We actually joked that if the salesman looked down his nose at us much longer, his eyeballs would roll down his nose, and land in the cuffs of his pants!)
(However, I will freely admit, that once you find a decent salesman at Music Lovers, that the experience can be pleasant. (Interestingly enough, the one salesman there I did like was named Brian. Go figure, huh?!) However, it does go to show that even the best stereo stores have their off days, and their fair share of rude sales consultants.)

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
Have a nice evening!
Harmony Stereo in San Francisco has been around for decades. Access To Music in San Rafael is really good. If oyu go to Harmony tell Frank that his old friend Mark sent you. Access, tell Craig or Patrick that I sent you.
Please post a report on the hi-fi shops in the Bay Area you visited. You received many suggestions above and I am interested in hearing what happened. Thanks