Greek Audiophile - Documentary Video

I just thought some of you may get a kick out of this, as well as possibly some inspiration : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

I'm not sure if this is allowed under audiogon's policies, but I'm sure the moderators will let me know.
poolie
R_f_sayles, I'll bet it's more likely that he's familiar with the instructions, but after 50 or so hours of experimentation he feels he has discovered a better way to utilize it. In the thinking of an obsessive audiophile one cannot spend enough time trying to improve upon tweaks which others have already spent countless hours developing!
my favorite part was the guy that states that "electricity is 50% of the sound"...then goes on to say that the rack is "30%" of the sound.

I guess that just leaves 20% for all the other variables.

not to mention his utter lack of a sense of humor...

yes I can play it during an earthquake

hahahahahahaha.

I'd be willing to bet that this video would turn most people off to the idea of "high end audio"...if not for the prices that were mentioned...the people would do a good enough job.
Ellery, I concur. If only we knew how WE look to others with our audio inanities! However, I must chastise you for not knowing immediately the brand of your monitor stands described in your system! "Ummmmm" is NOT good enough! We cannot impress the non-audiophile world with generalizations! We must be able to trot out phrases like, "My stands are compeletly inert!" Actually, I love how into it they get, spewing all their technical audiobabble. How excited would we be over someone gushing about the intricacies of dolls or baking, or computer building, or hunting, (actually, I once heard a live talk about Turkey Hunting and it was so well done that for a moment I actually thought about taking it up, until I thought about the cost, the time, etc. How out of touch with reality ARE those hunters anyway!?) etc.? What the video does show is passion, and that passion for music may lure some unsuspecting folk into trying it. Then, they are doomed!
Hi all,

Moderators may remove another post I entered about the film a few days back, since it seems this is a more proper place for such a discussion.

Thank you for your nice comments.

I would just recommend a visit to the introductory page of the film @ http://aca.gr/event06-3.htm, where everything about the film's genesis is explained, links to the "actors' systems pages" are placed, thumbnails of the main scenes of the film are inserted, etc, etc...

The film itself is also embedded there (from YouTube)

Merry Christmas & a Happy (and more insane...) Year 2007!