Insanely Expensive....and Worth Every Penny

There are many threads which discuss things like "80% of the performance at 20% of the price", how overpriced certain components are compared to others, and how some components fail to hold their value on the used market.

So here is a cheerfully optimistic question:

What component, accessory, set of speakers, or tweak have you purchased - preferably new - that was wildly, insanely expensive, and in your honest opinion really WORTH IT?

Something that was delightful to own, and demonstrably superior to anything less expensive...

(I hope this is not a very short thread.)
cwlondon
1. Jadis JA30 Dual Mono Amplifiers, yet another Jadis nomination ^_^

2. Grand Prix Audio Monaco Stand

i have had the pleasure of living with them for 3 years and counting. they still put a smile on my face everytime i lay eyes on them and when i hear they perform their magic. they are my audio fever pride and joy.
Conrad-johnson MET1, a vacuumtubed, 6-channel preamp. WOW does it ever sound good, and 'only' $7K RR!
Bought my Linn Sondek new in 1984...NO REGRETS...play records with it nearly every day.
Linn Sondek is insanely expensive, or for that matter a CJ? I guess in 1970 when I bought Infinity ServoStats for $2100, I thought that was insanely expensive.
The Music First Audio Reference and the MFA Baby Reference along with 2 Halcyonics Silencers. All were very expensive and I think worth EVERY CENT!!! These pieces are a huge part of why I am able to extract the type of sound that makes me want to listen for hour and hours w/o end :)