Does a good sounding surge protector exist?

My and my friends are searching for an elusive product, a surge protector that doesn't limit the dynamics of the music. Between us, we've tried quite a few, Chang, PS Audio (Quintet, UPC, PPP), Equitech, SurgeX, Richard Gray, APS Purepower etc. However, if its a good surge protector without MOVs, eg, SurgeX it severly limits the sound - dynamics and soundstage are compressed, highs cut off...

If it doesn't limit the dynamics significantly, its surge protection is questionable at best eg., Richard Gray, Chang, PSA Quintet. Is there something out there that will protect our gear without making it sound like mid-fi crap? I open the floor...
mikeyc38
No there is not. "Surge-protection" just is a synonym for "mid-fi crap". That's why I run everything off of nine volt batteries. I have to change the batteries so often that I don't get to listen much, but the snippits I hear sound pretty much like hi fi crap, which is alot better
I have exactly the same question for my amps. I am glad you posed it and look forward to the responses.
Did you try a power regenerator to keep the voltage constant. The power from the house circuit is passed through transformers which buffer your equipment from surges. But I just take the risk from my dedicated circuits.