Does a good sounding surge protector exist?

My and my friends are searching for an elusive product, a surge protector that doesn't limit the dynamics of the music. Between us, we've tried quite a few, Chang, PS Audio (Quintet, UPC, PPP), Equitech, SurgeX, Richard Gray, APS Purepower etc. However, if its a good surge protector without MOVs, eg, SurgeX it severly limits the sound - dynamics and soundstage are compressed, highs cut off...

If it doesn't limit the dynamics significantly, its surge protection is questionable at best eg., Richard Gray, Chang, PSA Quintet. Is there something out there that will protect our gear without making it sound like mid-fi crap? I open the floor...
mikeyc38
Sounds like you didn't invest in dedicated lines first.

I've owned/own PS Audio passive products (Director, ultimate outlet) and I have never had limited dynamics using these products with extreme amp power draw. I have used regenerators and balanced power units (see my systems) and still as long as I have been plugged into dedicated outlets have never had a problem. PS.... if you don't have a good ground everything else is pointless..

Sounds like you have another problem with your system.. isolation, acoustics, or you just need better amplification (remember double power only give you 3dB)
Cytocycle -- what does a dedicated line/ amplification/ isolation, etc, have to do with surge protection?
Have you tried the Worldpower PowerWing by Alan Kafton, the creator of the Cable Cooker, http://www.audioexcellenceaz.com/? Check one out, he has audition units to try, I believe that you'll be glad that you did.

Chuck

Interesting response,

I have found just the opposite with my customers and Richard Gray.

First of all it depends on the Gray, we sell mostly the largest 1200's which usually make a terrific improvement.

But you might not be aware that you can plug a Richard Gray next to your amplifier on the same circuit and reap the same results, you don't get the MOV, for the amps, but the Gray in of itself will absorb big shocks to the system and still offer a degree of protection.

I never use the small units with big amplifiers, so if you tried a 400 or a 600 you may not have really heard the Grays.