Cheap tweak from Virtual Dynamics:

Has anyone seen the short video from Virtual Dynamics showing the owner replacing all his speaker screws with all brass screws? I was wondering if you could hear an improvement. It's a cheap tweak, so I thought I might go to Home Depot and try out a set. What can I lose?
sherod
It does say 10 ft.-lbs on the ad I recently saw. Rick was using one in the VD video, and he mentioned it goes down to 6 lbs. He uses it to adjust gun stocks on his high end target guns.

Guess I'll find out when I receive the wrench. If 10 ft-lbs is the lowest setting, then 10 ft-lbs it shall be. At least all the screws will be equally torqued.
Apparently this Fat Wrench is offered in a couple of versions. Here is a site where the model shows 5-60 lbs. I don't think the differenc ebetween 8 and 10 lbs. would be that dramatic. Chances are if you manually tightened the screws down it would be more than even the 10 lbs. so you should be fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-553-556-Wrench-Variable-Torque/dp/rebates/B000Q2AYF8

I think you'll be fine. I just did a torque test on one of the original screws on one of the midwoofers and it was about 10 lbs. Actually, I pre-tested all four screws on a mid-woofer driver and all four were slightly different. Hmmmm... interesting. Also, a correction: it is inch-lbs. not ft.-lbs. Even if you don't hear a dramatic difference, you can always use the Fat Wrench for your hunting and target rifles. Or if you don't hunt or shoot, it would make a great gift for a relative who does. (O: Let's have some fun.