Cheap tweak from Virtual Dynamics:

Has anyone seen the short video from Virtual Dynamics showing the owner replacing all his speaker screws with all brass screws? I was wondering if you could hear an improvement. It's a cheap tweak, so I thought I might go to Home Depot and try out a set. What can I lose?
sherod
I just fashioned another tweak...a knock-off of felt tweeter surrounds presently being sold.

$23 worth of high density felt from McMaster dot com, an an arch punch purchased on E-Bay. Fastened to the speakers with TopStick toupe tape (my wife is a professional make-up artist, and TopStick is part of her kit). You can find it in drug stores, I think.

I have a 12"x7" piece of felt remaining for purchase if anyone is interested in making their own tweeter tweaks.
Have you noticed an improvement with the felt around your tweeters? It makes one wonder why the manufacturer didn't do this if it does improve the speaker (as it is a cheap tweak). I guess the same question would apply to the manufacturer as to why they don't use brass screws on their speaker drivers, assuming they make a sound improvement.
I haven't listened critically,yet. However, I do notice a slightly less fatiguing sound, and I changed the toe-in of my speakers a little (toe-ed them in more). They are easily removed, and the TopStick used to adhere them will not leave a residue, so there's no penalty in trying them.

The Absolute Sound just gave the professional version of these tweeter surrounds an award, which you may have seen.
I wasn't aware of The Absolute Sound award as I don't subscribe to any reviewer mags any longer. Many years ago, I subscribed to them religiously.
Another FYI - know your speaker when you do this. I have the Meadowlark Audio Blue Heron 2's, and I know for a fact there are layers of 'keldamp' between the drivers and the front baffle... this is a type of elastomer that helps to decouple the resonance and vibration of the driver to the front baffle. I was told years ago the amount of torque is very important as you don't want to over compress the material thus removing the absorbtion / elasticity of the layer... Not too sure how many other speakers have a similar driver setup. Just an FYI.