$10k Speaker Cables??????????????

Where does this madness end??? My friend the editor reviews this craziness!!
https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/209-in-akustik-referenz-ls4004-air-loudspeaker...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
My speakers cost $14.850. My speaker cables (Kimber 8TC) cost $125, plus the cost of the WBT ends, (which are practically forever reuseable)                                        
Like Power cords, on this front I am cheap.                         
I have zero whine about expensive anything.

I know this sounds outrageous, but I purchased a set of these cables on faith and some study for my speakers.  I have the Apogee Scintillas One Ohm, Krell KSA-80B and NDX Naim Streamer--soon to be replaced by an ND555.  I also have the reference interconnects.  They really brought my system to life and gave me the sound I was looking for.  I had just regular cables before, but was looking to get a certain natural sound, duplicating what live music sounds like to me.  They do that.  I have no regrets.  Can't wait for the ND555/PS555. 

PS:  I am the founder of Apogee and the designer of these speakers as well as the Full Range Ribbons, so have some background on what they should sound like.  They have never sounded better.

Bailyhill

True story....
govt: we might want to take the wings off this widget some day... can you make us some tools to do that ?
contractor: assuming you will want the scalloped sockets and multiplier we use in the factory....
govt: sure bid that
contractor: great we buy a field service set of big-a sockets from Catepillar , cut the scallops, heat treat, etc......
govt: oh... how much would it be IF we wanted you to make them...?
Contractor; how many sets you need ? 
Govt: two
contractor: about 20x if I have to go get custom forging...
why?
govt: we are not sure Cat will be in business, we want an assured source for....spares...