120V or 240V

Hi everyone! I am ordering Symphonic Line monoblocs from Germany and am debating whether to have them run on 120 or 240V. I have a dedicated 240V line already installed in my listening room that I use with an Equi=Tech power conditioner that converts 240 into 120 (I used this when I lived in Europe a couple of years back).

Any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages of running amps on 120 vs 240V would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!
drv

Showing 1 response by drv

Thank you all for your input!! I had talked with several folks (incl. dealer and distributor) who thought the 240V would sound a bit more airy. I have contemplated the resale issue as well and decided to go with the 120V version to not be limited to one outlet.

To answer 6550's question: I am from Germany and have known about SL for more than 20 years. I heard the Kraft 400 last year and was blown away. I am very partial to tube amplifiers, but the SL was the first amp that could compete. I had ordered a Kraft 300 stereo amp that, unfortunately, was damaged during shipping. It played well and sounded great, but had a few nicks. Nevertheless, I never heard better bass or more three-dimensional sound. Paired with a first-rate tube preamp, it also gets the mids right! To make a long story short, the shipping issue is finally settled and I decided to upgrade to the 250 monos.