Adcom Gia 555ii amp and gfp 565 preamp

I recently purchased these in like new condition, the downside is that they have been in storage for about 14 years. Is there anything I should do before hooking them up and turning them on?                   Sorry, it is a gfa 555 ii amp
royboy11532
I believe you would be best served having a tech power these up on a variac. At least this is recommended with tube equipment that has been unused for a long period of time.
I would also recommend having the tech give the amp a good go through. I think you will be pleased with the performance of the GFA555II. A nice amp for the money.
My old GFA 555 went unpowered for years, but it always worked as it should.
The Mk II, should be as good, considering it is a few years younger. If you take off the top cover and look around for anything unusual-like something distorted or bloated, then I think you are good to go.
The only thing that can affect the amp are leaking capacitors, and those are pretty obvious on casual inspection.
Nelson Pass did a great job designing the 555, so I doubt there is anything wrong, especially if you bought it from a dealer-who should have tested it before selling it.
I believe Musical Fidelity does upgrades to older Adcoms. Another route to go, if you wish...
Bob
That's good to know that SS equipment that has been sitting doesn't have to go through the same steps as tube equipment.
       Enjoy that amp and pre! What speakers are you running?
Post removed 
I have the same combo except mine is the earlier 555. You'll be very impressed with the 565, especially if you use a turntable.  I had mine sitting in the storage for 6 years and and plugged them right back in with no issues. I also have a Pioneer receiver SX-980 that sat in storage for almost 12 years and lent it to a friend and we plugged it in and he's been using it with no issues. Having a tech check them out is always a good idea if you want to be real safe. Nice find....
rocray, just starting to build and the only speakers I have worth mentioning are a pair of Dahlquist dq 10’s. Am trying to find some Infinity cs3009 but not having any luck. I am trying to avoid spending a bunch of money so I am just piecing things together that I have found. I also have a Yamaha M2 amp, and a B&K st 202 and preamp. I am running a older Yamaha powered sub but can’t seem to make it blend. 
Sounds like a nice set up! For the longest time I had the same issue with subs. They filled in the lower regions ok,but they always sounded like something wasn't quite right. I finally connected them directly to my amp using high level inputs,and SHAZZAM!  They now blend very well. (At least to my ears)
I am going to try that,  had been thinking about it but hadn’t got around to it yet. I have to try that. Trying to get the best sound on a junk budget. 
Do you know the environmental condition of the storage area?  If conditioned were 70 degrees +or - a bit. If so, I would do a few things first.  Open the cases and perform a visual inspection of each device.   If the capacitors are swollen and leaking material, this would be bad. Now, if you only find dust and age related debris, plugged that puppy in and rock.  

None of the above is based on a Electrical Engineering Degree, just years of "Get It Done" and are you kidding "it Worked".
Inside climate controlled storage in boxes. There literally is not even any dust inside and I looked at the four main capacitors on the amp and they seem to be holding in there but there is no doubt in my mind they should probably be replaced on age alone at some point. Haven’t looked at the preamp yet.
Well, I fired them up and am not disappointed. I think that they sound great! The amp capacitors seem to still be storing power well and the units are spotless, in and out. I realize that it is lower end stuff comparatively, but I am happy with it. Thank you guys for your responses and advice. This is a cool site. 
At some point you may want to have Jim Williams mod the 555ii. He did my 555 a month ago and the difference was amazing. Deeper tighter bass and much better details in mids and highs. Www.audioupgrades.com
I have to say my unmodded 555 (mk 1) sounded pretty good compared to my modded DNA-1. Mr. Pass really knows how to make 'em.
Bob
@gdnrbob, I thought so too until I heard it after the mod. Shocking difference.