ARC Ref 6 - Is it normal?

I got my ARC Ref 6 two weeks ago, and I use 3 pieces of Nordost Sort Kones BC to bring up my Ref 6 to test the sound.  But when I switch on the power-on button, my Ref 6's display show "Low Line Detected" for almost 20 seconds then it back to normal (Display show "Mute").  Is it normal ?   Will it show this everytime now? THX.
mm622

Showing 3 responses by mmbl622

cleeds

No, I haven't check it and I was not award about this at that time.  I connect all my equipments to an Audience sR6-TSS power conditioner. When I play music last night, it seem everything OK. 
Yes, I find this on Ref 6 user manual page 5. 

Quote:
When sensing low line voltage, the preamp displays “Low Line” and automatically goes into “Mute”. This condition will persist until the line voltage returns to a safe operating level,. The unit will remain in “Mute” even after “Low Line” no longer appear. 
I think this is nothing related with my Audience power conditioner.  Because I also plug my Ref 6 directly into the wall outlet to get electricity.  Yes, my Ref 6 can switch on.  Buy next time I'm still unable to switch on my Ref 6 (By using both remote and power on/ off button on the Ref 6 panel).  What I need to do is to plug out my power cable off the wall, wait for about 30 to 40 seconds then plug it into the wall again. By doing this I can switch on my Ref 6 and now I need to do it eveyrtime when I use my Ref 6. There is no problem of my home's voltage (220 V) unless the equipment has a high voltage requirement.  I'm using many audio equipment which use 220 ~ 230V.  

My Ref 6's backside show 220 - 240V, the quality inspection certificate show 220 - 240V as well  but the box show 240V?!    I live in an area which use 220V (or 220V to 230V), what I guess maybe this Ref 6 is originally trade to UK or other country which use 240V voltage.  And I guess this Ref 6 is pre-set to 240V +/ - I0%  or 230V +/ - 10%, that why I have this problem. I  bought this with a audio equipment company and it is a 100% brand new product.  My supplier is in long Chinese New Year holiday now and they said will help me to follow up this matter after holiday in next week.   But they told me this Ref 6 don't need to adjust the voltage to 220V.  What problem you think it is?  Do you think the power on/ off button has bad contact so that it can get power?   THX.