AV123 / Onix Ref 1

Good day-

My wife and I recently bought a new house and in the process of moving my 19 year old son grabbed up one of my Ref 1 speakers by the stand and before I could say anything, it fell off into a door frame. It dinged up the edge of the speaker a bit and lifted the veneer. 

I know AV123 is out of business, but I was wondering if there are any repair options? These speakers still sound fantastic, although the rosewood doesn't match our hickory floors. Would it be worth the time/money to use the drivers in a new enclosure?

Would these still hold any value if I decided to sell them? I ordered a pair of Sonus Faber Venere 1.5s to replace them already as those have very high WAF.

Thank you for your time and responses.
thebigtea
A good, local carpenter should be able to do it for you. Check out some ads on craigslist or recommendations on yelp. 

All the best,
Nonoise
nonoise-

Thank you for the response. I assume then, that they could wrap them in basically whatever I want at that point?

That would be a really nice option, thank you.
I would imagine a really skilled carpenter can do that but that is a major project and not for the run of the mill do-it-all guy.  The person who I use for my media stand, entry and side table can do it as he does major restorations of furniture and in house repairs. 

Do your due diligence and hopefully the person you find will have a website detailing what he can do with photos of the various projects he's already done. 

The cost difference, however, can be large, comparing a fix to some scratches and the veneer and a whole rewrapping of the speakers.

All the best,
Nonoise
You could pick up a parts express cabniet. they make a nice bowed cabient resembles Joseph audio speakers, put your drivers and crossover in, think for $200. I have a pair of av123 xls with skiing ninja crossover and other upgrades, I understand why you want to get this speaker playing again.

Contact Danny at GR Research, it's a possibly he could help, he may also have the plans for that speakers. I believe he bought all the av123 inventory when they went under.He also has access to cabniet builders. He is a real nice guy, he's helped me with speaker builds and will be glad to help you if he can.