AV123 / Onix Ref 1

Good day-

My wife and I recently bought a new house and in the process of moving my 19 year old son grabbed up one of my Ref 1 speakers by the stand and before I could say anything, it fell off into a door frame. It dinged up the edge of the speaker a bit and lifted the veneer. 

I know AV123 is out of business, but I was wondering if there are any repair options? These speakers still sound fantastic, although the rosewood doesn't match our hickory floors. Would it be worth the time/money to use the drivers in a new enclosure?

Would these still hold any value if I decided to sell them? I ordered a pair of Sonus Faber Venere 1.5s to replace them already as those have very high WAF.

Thank you for your time and responses.
thebigtea

Showing 2 responses by paulcreed

Contact Danny at GR Research, it's a possibly he could help, he may also have the plans for that speakers. I believe he bought all the av123 inventory when they went under.He also has access to cabniet builders. He is a real nice guy, he's helped me with speaker builds and will be glad to help you if he can.

You could pick up a parts express cabniet. they make a nice bowed cabient resembles Joseph audio speakers, put your drivers and crossover in, think for $200. I have a pair of av123 xls with skiing ninja crossover and other upgrades, I understand why you want to get this speaker playing again.