Blind Power Cord Test & results

Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity teamed up with the Bay Area Audiophile Society (BAAS) to conduct a blind AC power cord test. Here is the url:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_4/feature-article-blind-test-power-cords-12-2004.html

I suppose you can interpret these results to your follow your own point of view, but to me they reinforce my thoughts that aftermarket AC cords are "audiophile snakeoil"
maximum_analog
If you can't hear a difference, what difference would any "scientific" test make to your listening experience? For those of us who can hear a difference--where we have put ourselves to the "test" of reliably distinguishing between some cords in our systems--what is there to prove? I don't really understand what explains the differences I have heard between some cords, interconnects and speaker cables. Nor do I care. Nor do I want to convince anyone else, beyond recommending that they listen for themselves. No one is threatening to deny cord nonbelievers their rights and liberties. As for the psychic phenomena comparison: if someone could reliably tell me what numbers I had written down, out of her view, I wouldn't doubt she is "psychic." While scientists would no doubt like an explanation of this phenomenon, the absence of a scientific explanation would bear not at all on the reality of the phenomenon. So I am not sure why the science-types continue to insist on proof from those of us who are mere listeners--unless they are actually directing their skepticism only to those science-types who also claim to be able hear differences between some cords.
Lmack...You missed the point about the psychic. No doubt you would believe her, although the trick is probably done by a mirror or something like that. The point is that if the mechanism for psychic power were discovered, then it's existance would be accepted by sceptics. Don't argue that it exists...tell me how it works. You may not care how it works, but that's your ticket to credibility.

This is an exercise in understanding human nature, not audio.

Bye.
QUOTEDon't argue that it exists...tell me how it works.QUOTE

Exactly...it doesn't count unless you can explain it! Kind of like why we're all here. We aren't, really, unless you can explain it. Again, that's why scientists get the big bucks. Until they explain it, I won't believe I'm really here...plain and simple. :^
You know, scientists say that bumblebees can't fly, and that from a technical perspective it is impossible. Yet, bumblebees fly all the time. Perhaps we need to do some A/B/X testing to see if we actually are seeing bumblebees fly, or if they are actually not flying, and we are imagining it.

For a hundred years, thousands of scientists and mathematicians have tried to explain how bumblebees fly, and still can't explain it, even to this very day, and this very moment.

I suppose that some here think that we are imagining these black and yellow furry insects flitting about our yards, blissfully ignorant of the "proven fact" that they cannot actually be there.

I'm sure that there must be some psychological explanation for all of us seeing these phantom apparitions that could not possibly be doing what we think they are doing.

You know, it's amazing how widespread these sightings of bumblebees in flight are. One would never think that it could possibly be so pervasive in a society of thinking people who should know better.

Bumblebees have been measured, tested, observed, computer modeled, mathematically analyzed, real-life modeled, and it has been determined that they cannot fly. Boy, I feel alot better, now that I know that.
It is annoying to me how little audiophiles/public understand science - not in specific examples like bees and PCs per se, but in the way scientists are supposedly rigid, archaic formulists reminiscent of Pink Floyd’s The Wall. In my experience, scientists go to the fringe of knowledge and theory with a lot of grace, unlike the people who try playing the role.

I personally believe cables do make a difference and knowledge of the make-and-model has an influence of perception through expectation. I hope most phile’s, in the silent majority, are in the same boat. And like I stated ABX and blind between-subject testing are perfectly viable in eliminating expectation. An experiment’s procedure may be flawed and the conclusions may not fit the data, but I have yet to read or hear any logical reason why these tests are inherently flawed. One may not like the results, but ya' need more than that to discount the test.

Bumblebee physics myth:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/news-item223.htm