Boulder monoblock 2150

Looking at the new Stereophile Magazine. Has anyone noticed the "32 Amp IEC Cord" on the back of the amplifier?  

N
nutty

Showing 4 responses by kalali

I saw that too. It needs a 240v circuit..... I think you need to live within a 50 mile radius of a power station if you consider purchasing this puppy.
It would be nice if there was a way you could use this amplifier to drive the kitchen appliances while listening to your favorite tunes. That would probably be the only way I might be able to convince my significant other that this is a great buy....
Also, let's not forget that not all the folks with the means to drop this kind of cash live in the U.S. I would not be surprised if a large percentage of these super high end (and U.S. made) components are shipped overseas. The largest market for very high end automobiles, e.g., Bentley, Ferrari, etc., are China and Middle East. I have seen some audio components on display during my travels to parts of Middle East that simply blew my mind. At those levels, most of the manufacturers send factory techs, from Europe or U.S., to set up the equipment in the customer homes. Crazy stuff.
Most people rather pay big money for a Home Theatre system for watching movies than pay a fraction of that for listening to "just" music. When some of us old timers were growing up, there was very little (interesting) programming on TV so music was an obvious option.