Budget Office System Integrated for $1000 or less

Hey All, 

Getting a new office in a few weeks which gives me an excellent excuse to build another stereo system ( I had previously put myself on a 6 month moratorium from buying stereo gear but a new office means I MUST get a new stereo right?). I would like something with plenty of power in case I decide to drive my MMG's in the office but may also use some higher efficiency speakers/stand mounts at some point. A sub out or pre outs will be necessary, a remote would be nice. I want something pretty versatile which can handle difficult loads but will also play nice with sensitive speakers. 

Possible speakers that may be used: MMG's, Gallo 3.1's, Nola Brio trio clones, KEF LS50's

I tend to like my sound a little towards the clinical side with excellent detail, sound stage,  and bass grip.I listen to a lot of electronic, jazz, accoustic guitar, & chamber music.  I have been interested in the older Krell S300i, Peachtree Audio Nova 300(a little expensive even used at the moment but with excellent reviews), NuPrime IDA-16(though haven't seen one for around $1000), Wyred4Sound mINT, Wyred4sound sti-1000. 

As you can see I am not afraid of class D and actually appreciate the small footprint some could have. Something small would be great but standard size would work as well. Just want something versatile and reliable. I am not interested in tubes. What about Bryston?? I haven't heard any but must admit I love their warranty as it speaks to the build quality. 

Any and all direction and opinions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

128x128birdfan
If it were me I’d look at Class D amp from Peachtree, Rogue Bel Canto or similar. 100 w/ch or more depending on room size and how loud you need to go and budget. I can recommend the Bel Canto c5i integrated for top notch sound and everything you might need (including phono and pre-outs) in a compact package with some volume limitation given only 60w/ch. You may or may not need a sub depending. I picked up one used here for under $1000 a while back.

I would not go with Magnepan for electronic music though would be a good choice for you otherwise perhaps assuming they can be located well away from walls in your setup.

Good luck.
@willemj Not necessarily a desktop system.  I may be able to shelf mount smaller speakers or may use floor standers.. I have some Audioengine A2+ for my desktop, but I plan on creating a "sound lab" of sorts with the new system, using music and ambient sounds to help my patients learn to induce a relaxation response (I'm a psychotherapist).. Hence my need of a sub and possibly floor standing speakers. I want the sound to be pretty immersive. 
@mapman 

I have heard others say the same thing about Maggies and electronic music, and I must say I think with stereo subs (REL T7's) my little Maggies do and excellent job with electronic. Sure you don't get that gut level punch you get with a dynamic speaker, but they still sound pretty damn good. 
Post removed 
Ben I have heard larger Maggies (of Rogue Cronus Magnum tube amp) with REl sub. No doubt dual subs will help and RELs are very good. I just think dynamic speakers are much better suited for electronic music in general. I had larger Maggies with M&K sub for many years. Ditched the setup mainly for that reason. Also room placement needs of Maggies far away from walls became problematic in general for me. Also consider teh inefficiency of Maggies and what that means regarding amp power you might need, though with subs it may be a non issue in your case.

For your purposes, it sounds like most any speakers bolstered by dual subs would fit the bill and any amp capable of modest SPL should fit the bill. So you have many good options it seems. I’d recommend used BEl Canto c5i if you can find one in your budget range.  Top notch in every way and about the size of a shoebox.
This is what I would get- Bluesound Powernode 2 and a pair of B&W Pm-1 speakers. If you can find them with stands... great. You now have a great office system.

Maybe a used Musical Fidelity A3?

With change left over for cables or more music.
As an added note for the Powernode 2- It has a subwoofer out, if you think the PM1 speakers, or whatever your choice does not put out enough bass.
BTW your smartphone will be your control for your unit. Stream files, even MQA, via Tidal, Spotify or any streaming service. You can also play your digital audio files. I think it can do internet radio stations as well.... not sure.
Is the $1000 for the whole system or just the electronics? If the latter, how about a Yamaha RN803d receiver? 2x100 watt should be enough in most situations, it has ample digital inputs, airplay, a sub out, a remote app, dlna compatibility in case you want to play from a NAS, and as icing on the cake inbuilt room eq.
I am using the original Krell 300i.  Bags of power, plenty of bass, but its very different from the Krell s300i.  The older Krell has a more vintage sound, with an emphasis on the bottom end, like their Class A amps from that era.  The s300i sounds wider, more open, but also a little artificial and thin at times.  That might be a plus though given the type of music you listen to.  They are both pretty easy to find used. Stay away from metal dome tweeters and you should be ok.  The 300i mates well w/ the older Dynaudio Contour and Audience range from my experience. I've been told Krell is also a great match w/ Maggies.  
If I was a cartoonist, I'd draw a cartoon of a dude at a desk with Magnapans on it towering over him. Or gigantic horn loaded speakers sitting on that desk…I would…really...