Dynavector XX-2

Anyone have or heard this Cart?.
How close does it come to the DRT XV-1S?.
I am waiting for my Voyd TT, Helius Omega and XX-2 to be set up by Tom Totay and I have an all Audio Note system.

Gary
128x128glory
Anyone find them a tad slow on the bottom? Am in process of tweaking one in my system & don't know if this is a setup/system match issue or just the nature of the beast.
I like my XX-2 a lot. Check out the review of it and the DRT on TNT audio. The XX-2 holds its own.
Don't even bother looking at other manufacturers. The Dynavector's are the only cartridges with a ruler flat frequency response curve as measured on the B&K analyzer. I once compared my XX-2H measurement tape to one from a Benz Lp. The Benz Lp measurement tape resembled an EKG Cardiogram with huge dips and spikes in it’s frequency response while my XX-2H was ruler flat from 20hz-20Khz. The DV20XL is a great low cost $500.00 cartridge, but it does have the dynamics of the XX-2. I have heard that the Te Kaitora Rua is even smoother sounding than the XX-2.

Glory, Thanks for your question.

I have never played them head to head on the same turntable. When the ZYX is down, the XX-2 goes on the Amazon and Schroeder, otherwise it stays on the Rega9. I am not a very good A/B guy. The XX-2 did a beautiful job on the Amazon and Schroeder, very similar sound as the ZYX line, nice and honest. The XX-2 just can't reach as far as the ZYX. There is an open, relaxed clarity with these two manufacturers. You don't think of adjectives like “warm” or “liquid”. You just focus on the music. If it’s good music, you are grooving. If the lp or the recording is not so hot, you get up and pull the record. When you hear the music through the ZYX, you hear things so much more clearly. Background passages or riffs from familiar (and old) lps are suddenly there. You are not sure that you knew they existed. It is amazing how much information is masked out by the noise floor…Of course the rest of your system has to be there to let the Z sing.

Did I even answer your question?