Gold Face Olympic Power = Canada

Sorry, fellow audiophiles in the great U.S.A. CANADA won the GOLD MEDAL in Men's Hockey...and in Women's hockey...leaving YOU GUYS 2nd best!

Wayne Gretzky for President!
stereokarter
A few things in life are predictable, taxes, and the Leaf's NOT winning the Cup. Why should they go the extra mile, corporate Toronto will keep buying the season's tickets anyway. The Nordiques went to Denver and The Jets to Phoenix. We're losing teams to the almighty buck and the game has become so watered down it's not worth watching. Hockey today doesn't really resemble what it once was, I vote we go back to six teams and pay the players $50k/year max
I wish all hockey was played with that intensity. Great win for waiting 50 long years. Do you think the Canadians whined a little too much about the pairs skaters? Kind of tarnished the whole affair
Snook2 - the "whining" (and I thought it was justified especially if you watched their respective performances) was done by not only Canadians but by many Americans as well. Very much the topic on a number of US based news items and magazines with nothing but opinions on the Canucks being "robbed".

As for the intensity of the game - you are so right!
But didn't we win the CURLING competition? Another Manly sport cherished by the Canadians! Hey, who took my Broom!!!