Harbeth 30.1 ? The Ultimate Speaker under $5K ?

I have been on a mission lately to find the best speakers within my budget - under $5K ...I am definitely an audio freak and my sound engineer in LA told me we went to a HiFi convention of sorts in Newport and heard every high end boutique speaker there is and hands down the Harbeth 30.1 was the best...thought it was a live band as he turned the corner into room ! 

Local hiFi high end shops always push whatever they deal....guy near me recommends Paradigm Prestige 95s but the seem more for home theatre use...here's my profile: 

I listen MOSTLY to LPs (stream on occasion with Audioengine B1)
Marantz PM-11S1 Mono Block Amp
Sony STR-V7 Amp
Technics SL-15 
1 SVS SB1000 Sub (if necessary) 
My listening room : is approximately 15 feet from Hifi to sitting position, wood floors , pitched ceiling about 10-15 feet in spots ...entire room approx 30 feet across . I consider it a VERY live, reflective space. 

I am a drummer so I love fat , tight kick drum. Rock i.e.: Rush , Prince, old 70s / 80s fusion/Jazz  
I listen to all different volume levels, sometimes low, sometimes I turn up music very loud and crappy speakers always seem to lose definition at high volume . 

I currently have some NHTs 2.3 & Infinity IL60s for surround....

Is the Harbeth 30.1 too small of a speaker for my spot?  what do you guys recommend! Thank You !
128x128tommypenngotti
vacation trip to atlanta and if you buy them get him to deduct the cost of your trip from the speakers.
its clear Helomech has some sort of negative bias towards harbeth. saying that Spendor, stirling, graham are all better then Harbeth seem very bold statement. to be able to claim this, one would have to have all the same type of model from every brand in the same room. he have not done this. he just like to shit on harbeth.

what I did do is compare P3esr and shl5plus with graham ls59 in my room for a few months and preferred to keep shl5plus

I also compared different spendor model vs p3esr and in every case the p3esr was better in tonality and overall performance apart from bass

For op, the shl5plus goes surprisingly deep when well placed in room, down to 30hz flat with room gain.
@murphythecat

It’s clear you have an obvious bias for Harbeth being that you own the SHL5s. I’m sorry you get so easily offended, but I hear what I hear and in my opinion, Harbeths are the least natural sounding of the BBC derivatives. My first experience with the brand was buying a pair of C7s - against my dealer’s recommendation as he too prefers the other brands despite selling a lot of Harbeths. He said they’re one of his best sellers because people don’t even bother to audition the competition - they just drink the Harbeth Kool Aid and insist on buying them, just as I did in the beginning.
Even after I went with a different brand I continued to give other Harbeths a chance, but they just don’t hold a candle when it comes to tone, microdynamics and inner detail. People often refer to them as BBC speakers with a "modern" sound. I’d agree with that because I find them just a bit fatiguing as I do many modern speakers. I’ll admit they throw a wider soundstage than the others, and I like their appearance the best - sort of ironic considering Spendor manufactures their cabinets.

BTW, there's no way in #€(( the SHL5s go clear down to 30Hz, and you certainly woudln't know buy listening to them in your tiny space. 
Have nothing against Harbeth speakers, I listen at a dealer for a few hours to a pair of 30.1 that I had lusted after for years, left the shop very disappointed and confused. A year later I bought Graham Audio ls5/9 unheard as I wanted to own a bbc speaker once in my lifetime, having read a lot of reviews and user experience on the differences of the two speakers I took the chance.
I find the difference to be quite big, the 30.1 was too much in my face, very detailed and the tweeter was notably in the picture, the Graham’s have a lot of detail, but somehow for me seam more coherent in there sound, also I like the bass of the Graham’s more.
Somehow seeing how many Harbeth owners like to use tube amps with their speakers make sense to me.