Harbeth Compact 7-ES3 Speakers

My listening room is roughly 12 feet x 14 feet and I have an all Linn stereo music system which includes the Linn Akurate 4200 (4 x 200W) solid state power amp.

I'm thinking of replacing my aktiv Linn Katan loudspeakers with Harbeth Compact 7-ES3 loudpeakers and keeping my Linn Majik 126 powered subwoofer.

I listen to all types of music, except country / western.

During the day, I like my music moderate-to-loud and at night I listen at low volumes.

What do you think?
agiaccio
I like my music moderate-to-loud

FWIW - Harbeth are great but the Compact 7-ES3 is not the kind of speaker for loud dynamic sound.
I think your room is too square and too small to use a subwoofer. I ran a pair of Compact 7's in an 11 X 11 room for a while (not by choice) and there was barely enough space for them. Yours at 12 X 14 should be fine, but borderline. I would sell the sub and dump the money back into upgrades elsewhere or buy some music. The Compact 7 will be an "upgrade" over just about any other speaker I can name so, yes, I would replace the Katan's. You may also want to consider a pair of Monitor 30's for a room that size, which have a smaller box and slightly less bass output.
Q: What happens when you play a Country and Western record backwards?

A: You bet back your wife, your dog, and your pickup.