Hey RICH Audiophiles

Why don't one of you incredibly wealthy audiophiles whose systems I drool over every day start an Audiophile Rental business?
 Imagine how easy to simply rent a set of speakers or amp for a nominal fee so us POOR enthusiasts could demo it in our own home/system without restocking fees or massive depreciation when reselling..No more sitting in traffic,wasting gas & polluting the environment running from dealer to dealer only to be greeting by horrible listening conditions that give you ABSOLUTELY no idea how a piece of gear will actually sound in your own listening room...
freediver

Showing 12 responses by tomic601

I thought this site was for renting opinions...

the camel is directional AFTER passing thru the eye....
Fine German iron :-) a souless but Godly efficient appliance that most owners “rent”
that is after all the astute definition of a car payment or aghast a lease...

as for letting people drive it, short of it being irreplaceable rare, and nobody has a yet mentioned anything remotely in that category, let them have some fun. ( on the before 993 I do start em off in the parking lot to they understand what throttle lift does... )

we skipped acquiring the prancing horse horse after arriving at dealership in our tricked out 993, being completely ignored for 30 minutes - car locked inside... any A H dealer for anything Audio, cars, boats should be shunned...

finally boats, OMG what a sinkhole..$$$$
but skippering your own fishing adventure across Queen Charlotte strait, laying into the salmon and Halibut, yep big fun - perhaps priceless ! I let the kids drive the boat from about age 6-7.... the grins are not replaceable, the boat might be

The fishing experience, that is rentable 2

they call them guides !!!!

@glupson. All the time
please stop by when next in Seattle or Southern California!

mr_m will be by soon

@whart wishing I had bought a few or even one of the 356 that came my way, even the coupes... I can remember like it was yesterday the first time I saw one in quaint little downtown Seal Beach... the perfect California car...

Hurley as instructor omg a tower of talent

@wolf_garcia so right you are, besides the bevy of 911 at one time we owned a Boxster S in the lil creek bottom one lane roads in rural Missouri, I can tell you it as an amazing scalpel of a car with the Cayman being all the better....
the affordable low end has never sounded better....

get a rega a denon Or ortofon a nice sprout or nad or Rogue, a bluesound streamer and a pair of Maggies or Vandersteen, buy some concert tickets and a case of wine at Costco and a used Boxster...

James Dean did not live ( or die ) as well.

rich is always relative

signing out...
i wonder what a pair of Koss headphones in the freezer would do ?

or two nickels, seeking absolute zero but frustrated by the limitations of mortal man and GE....
I will swing by the local thrift today, the KOSS don’t actually need to work....right...

drove the Panzerwaggen to the thrift the other day, fellow remarked on the apparent oddity, I said, that shopping there is HOW I got the hulking SUV...and manage to feed it....

fun thread, maybe when I turn 60 I can get a “ fine motorbike and a red headed girl “....
 @elizabeth you have never seen Janis lil 356 with custom paint....

send the link to gofundme....I have a soft spot, after we take care of the Paradise Fire folks and the hedge fund pays out....
@glupson our turbo 996 X-50 sounded like an atomic powered vacuum cleaner, say a lightweight aluminum body Kirby but jacked up to run on 440 V

i much prefered the 993 with goofy not really legal exhaust..on full song attack mode it was glorious....very germanic....beserker style...
 @wolf_garcia i have a minty fresh D-5 discman, including the box....

I of course paid to much for it a full range stereo shop - the MCS and appliance aisle of the Sanduskey Ohio JC Pennys...My recollection it was treated as a white elephant next to the exalted Fisher and MCS stacks and towers of low density MDF..hence the red sticker..20% off, my Mom who ran the womens coats dept kept an eagle eye on the discount items...with her discount...well, we are living high on the hog...

served me well for many years hooked to a NAD 3020 and Kef 101...

shall I send it your way on a loaner basis ? like MOMA lends....art ?
this past 2 months diet of live concerts, not social events...

AJ Croce
Alison Brown
Richard Thompspn
Blackberry Smoke tommorow..
more coming..soon
....and a steady diet of small event acoustic stuff, etc.