Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
I understand. The problem is how do you try out various cables, especially if you are trying to buy used to save some money? I take your recommendations seriously. Thanks, R
Yes, Transparent Audio Ultra, Shunyata Cobra, and Cardas Clear. Audioquest Wel Signature cables are way more money than I'm willing to spend on cables; therefore I've never auditioned them.
There is a Wel used on Audiogon. Wilson likes Transparent. Okay, I will figure this out too. many thanks, Ellen 
This was the second time I've tried Transparent Audio. When I had Wilson Audio Sashas I tried Transparent cables. "In my system" they didn't sound natural and I purchased a cable by Silver Audio. Some say Wilson's are great with Transparent and feel they're a natural match because Wilson's are wired internally with Transparent cables. Still many others prefer other cables and that's why you need to audition them!