Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
Yes, Transparent Audio Ultra, Shunyata Cobra, and Cardas Clear. Audioquest Wel Signature cables are way more money than I'm willing to spend on cables; therefore I've never auditioned them.
There is a Wel used on Audiogon. Wilson likes Transparent. Okay, I will figure this out too. many thanks, Ellen 
This was the second time I've tried Transparent Audio. When I had Wilson Audio Sashas I tried Transparent cables. "In my system" they didn't sound natural and I purchased a cable by Silver Audio. Some say Wilson's are great with Transparent and feel they're a natural match because Wilson's are wired internally with Transparent cables. Still many others prefer other cables and that's why you need to audition them!
I wonder how this would sound through the Wilsons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p71QK5TZDCc

I believe that the situation when power amp outclasses speakers is better than the other way around. It is probably not easy for any speakers to outclass Lamm and Gryphon, so those amps could be for life. For this life, I mean.
Unlike listening rooms, philosophycal space is unlimited, as far as eye can see. Or as far as ear can hear.

Hi Rinpoche, here are some pointers about wire products with Rowland gear.

Jeff Rowland in his factory's demo system uses almost exclusively Cardas Clear and Clear Beyond, as well as Nordost Odin II. Internally, all Rowland products are wired with Cardas wires. I have heard Jeff's system connected with Cardas wires and it was amazing.

Nordost wires are incredibly expensive, thus unless you have an uber-generous budget, you will likely not consider them.

In my own system, with a variety of Rowland components, over the last 18 years, I have had best results with:

Nordost Valhalla II -- Not the original Valhalla, which sounds thin, but the 2nd iteration, which is still marvellously extended, but is also harmonically rich throughout the audible range. But once again, the problem with Valhalla II is the same as with Odin... The cost of ownership is very high.

* A variety of Shunyata wires... Helix, CX, and the original Zitron Anaconda. Absolutely phenomenal wires... I have not heard the very latest iteration, but have been told that the newest middle-priced Z-tron Cobra might exceed the performance of all previous Anacondas.

If you were seeking wires that are even more moderately priced, I have found the Furutech Evo II to be exceptional price performers, and some of the Furutech bulk wires to be even a little better than EVO II. Furutech wires can be ordered and custom-terminated by Elite Audio. You can contact Scott Markwell at Elite...

Elite Audio Video Distribution
P.O. Box 93896
Los Angeles, CA 90093
Phone: (323) 466-9694, x.22
email address: scot.markwell@themusic.com
web address: http://www.eliteavdist.com

Having said all of the above,  until your M625 stabilizes, any audition of wires will yield unreliable results... They will emphasize or overcompensate any temporary performance anomalies of M625 S2. Only after equipment is stable, auditioning wires is a useful exercise.

Saluti,