Luxman m-900u owners - quick question

Looking for some feedback on owners of this amplifier. I am not looking for the '' dealer lingo '' that I have been getting ; '' sweet amp, the best that is out there, will give you a great deal , I sold a bunch of them in the last month ''....blah, blah, blah.....

So what made you buy this amp is what I would like to know from owners who have them. What made you take this one instead of others in this price range  ….and do you have to match it with the Luxman C-900 u pre-amp for the best results ?      

Thank you

garebear
Mine is here to stay. May be the best value uktra high end amplifier. Very tuby highs, world class solid state resolution and dynamics, huge soundstage. A lot of meat on the bone midrange. Class A up to 12 watts wich is huge. 

Emit some heat even at idle.
I have two setups, each with an M900u in the chain. Only one of them is with a C900u. Both setups use a Chord Dave as a source. Running the dac directly into the M900u is a different sound than through the C900u preamp. To my ears it requires a quality preamp like the C900u to unlock the fullest potential of the Dave. The sound with the C900u in the chain creates a more dynamic and palpable sound with more texture. Running the Dave directly into the M900u works fine, but it doesn’t have the same emotional impact, and I have a harder time connecting to the music. This is of course just to my ears and YMMV etc.
Have you considered an used M800A?, puts more in Class A (and heat) than M900u and outperforms its own spec by margin as measured by Stereophile. 
I also have M900U and C900U. Had Jadis and other hi quality tube amplifiers in the past and now switched with the Luxmans to SS. I am very happy.   
@garebear did you ever hear about Coda 15.5?. Class A up-to 100 Watts into 8 Ohms and then Class AB till 150 Watts into 8 Ohm, less than 50% retail compared to Luxman M-900u btw. If you want to compare options and want first watts to be pure Class A.
I can concur with nebob's findings but while driving my M-700u with a Chord Dave versus the C-900u.  The Dave was slightly more immediate sounding but ironically at the expensive of the utmost control of the stands of the music. Soundstage with the C-900u was also much more enveloping, with greater ease yet oddly more drive to the music. I also found that the C-900u conveyed all the detail of the Dave in a more emotionally engaging way, effortless.