mc602

I have a mc602 which I plan to keep for the rest of my life. I bought it from audio classics around 2011. it's condition is a-1. it was a demo unit. I think it meant like new , no scratches. I'm 65 years old. I only use it like 8 hours a week. I told my son that when I die it's his. what maintenance should I give it so it will last another 20 years?
128x128g_nakamoto
Audio Classics probably already gave it a good going over, and if the caps are still good, there's no need to worry for a while. Just love it...that's a great amp you have there.
Hopefully, you will live longer than 20 years, (myself as well).  Just use it, Mac equipment is made to last 50 years or more.
I just sold my mc2500. I purchased it in 1987 new. I never even burned out a light in the amp. I kept it in a cabinet. so it stayed clean. A great amp, never let me down. It also had a surprisingly high resale value. Prior to selling the amp, I asked my McIntosh dealer if it was necessary to service the amp. He told me no, that he had seen these amps run longer than this without problems. One note, I was probably in the the lower 8 hours per week range. My new amps are mc601's, love them. I also told my son these would be his one day (I'm 63). He promptly ask me, "how are you feeling?" I know you will always love the 602 until you have to move it.
one of the lights on the right side of one meter went out recently. i would have it replaced but that amp 'weighs' too much to move! LOL!!