Musical Fidelity KW500 and Rowland Continuum S2

Has anyone compared these 2 integrated amps? If so, what are your observations? Thanks in advance.
arsh

Showing 10 responses by arsh

Thanks Roscoeiii. I agree. The Kw500 and Continuum S2 are similarly priced and in the same general class I would think.
Thanks guys. I appreciate your responses. Hifibouncer, have you heard the KW to make a comparison? One of the things I love about it is its lifelike immediacy--it creates a front row perspective; the performers and instruments seem to be right there. Does the Rowland have a similar character?
Thanks a lot, Brauser. Which specific pieces have you owned from both companies? What about the so called "class D sound"? I have never listened to a Rowland or any other class D amp. Thanks.
Thanks Ricred1. How do the JR amps do with the high frequencies? Is the presentation lively, musical--or a bit "sterile" for want of a better term?
Thanks Ricred1. Wish I had a way to listen to one. I went back to The Absolute Sound's review of the KW500 from 2005. I had actually never previously read it. It describes the sound of the amp really well--the same sorts of observations I have made. The specifications are really good, also. Perhaps I should stick with it. Not sure how many more years it will last me, though. Thanks again.
Thanks Cerrot. I appreciate your input. Have you heard the KW or others of MF's highest end pieces? Would you please describe some of the differences if you have?
Thanks Glai. Nice to hear from someone who actually had the kW. Did you prefer it to the (older) Rowland gear?