Neutral electronics are a farce...

Unless you're a rich recording engineer who record and listen to your own stuff on high end equipment, I doubt anyone can claim their stuff is neutral.  I get the feeling, if I were this guy, I'd be disappointed in the result. May be I'm wrong.
dracule1
The entire country of Switzerland is neutral, so I suggest all serious hifi listening should be done there.
People can define 'neutral' in various ways. How about this (?): When a playback system reproduces music in such a way that it sounds like what the mastering engineer heard in his studio, then it is a neutral playback system. Surely, good equipment is up to the task.

"The entire country of Switzerland is neutral, so I suggest all serious hifi listening should be done there."

I would suggest that since we won’t all have the opportunity in our lives to visit that idyllic land we should at a very minimum listen to the electronics manufactured there so we might gain greater insight into what the word "neutral" truly means.
infection,

jmcgrogan2 said...

I think that "neutral" is one of the most miss-understood and misused words in the audio hobby.

My impression of neutral is a sonic signature which does not emphasize the low or the high frequencies.
What happens if there is no sonic signature?

Roger