Neutral electronics are a farce...

Unless you're a rich recording engineer who record and listen to your own stuff on high end equipment, I doubt anyone can claim their stuff is neutral.  I get the feeling, if I were this guy, I'd be disappointed in the result. May be I'm wrong.
dracule1
dracule1 wrote...
 I doubt anyone can claim their stuff is neutral. 

This has been the case for many years. What happens when something comes along that actually can perform as totally neutral?

Can you predict the year in the future when all of these problems are behind us? That fateful day when problems with sound reproduction have been cured? The day when you feel like you are on the holodeck of the enterprise?

That year is 2016

Roger

The entire country of Switzerland is neutral, so I suggest all serious hifi listening should be done there.
People can define 'neutral' in various ways. How about this (?): When a playback system reproduces music in such a way that it sounds like what the mastering engineer heard in his studio, then it is a neutral playback system. Surely, good equipment is up to the task.

"The entire country of Switzerland is neutral, so I suggest all serious hifi listening should be done there."

I would suggest that since we won’t all have the opportunity in our lives to visit that idyllic land we should at a very minimum listen to the electronics manufactured there so we might gain greater insight into what the word "neutral" truly means.