New $24,000 inter-connect

I just saw a new Audiogon listing for a $24,000 inter-connect by Matthew Bond (Tara Labs). How many ya gonna order?
128x128bdp24

Showing 13 responses by glupson

oem-wheels,

Has it already gone up to 400 million? I remember when they were talking about 300, maybe 15 years ago. Talking about population boom.
"Maybe it's price is partially a result of the wire being non-directional."
What a waste of effort to put it in the XLR that you can install only one way.
How come nobody makes Uranium cables? It is only $95 per pound and I am not aware that marketing crowd has tapped that element yet. It seems like a good next frontier in audiophilia.
Are these cables advertised anywhere else? It seems like an interesting marketing move to put them between (mostly) used stuff browsed by (frequently, if not mostly) bargain-hunters. Almost like wanting to raise the dust and become well-known while not expecting to sell. Do these cables already exist, or they will be "invented" once someone decides to buy them?
Does anyone know what "air-tubes" are? What kind of technology is that? It is mentioned in the description of this cable that Tara Labs owns the rights to it but I cannot find what it is on the Tara Labs website.
"....the easiest way to appear foolish is to talk about things you know little or nothing about."
He was a wise man.
n80,

"The Swedish Super Car Keonnegsig is worth 10 million bucks."
You did not miss anything. That is with about $5 000 000 of optional equipment. Depending on the model, maybe a few million more. $10 000 000 might have been, I am afraid, yet another "fact" pulled out of a fertile imagination to support some irrelevant statement.
"Here’s why the Koenigsegg Agera RS1 is worth $10 million."
It appears that the number assigned to a semantic trick "worth" is presenter’s opinion and not actual price of the car ("It cost the owner $4 000 000", or something like that). In that same manner, that particular car is worth about $30 000. I could now go on and explain why I think so, and be as correct as anyone who thinks of some different number, but will not waste time.
"...people that comment on things with which they have no experience are called fools."
In fact, many people who comment without experience are called "visionaries". Some of them make progress possible by thinking in advance and not wasting time and effort with trial and error.

At the same time, one could debate what people who cannot conclude anything without first having experience with it should be called.
"Cable threads provide more entertainment than any others in the forum. "
Fuses come close.
"...when you visionaries decide that people who overspend on such items do so out of some weakness or deficiency."
Why is it overspending? It is simply spending a relatively unusual amount. It is hard to imagine it being done out of weakness. Maybe just out of having nothing else to buy anymore.
"...a local cable manufacturer’s office this week, seizing more than $600,000 — worth of cables...

"Officers seized more than 42,000 cables..."
Apparently, officers were a bit more realistic and did not value cables much more than those from Home Depot.

It still remains that the company was preparing for, guessing it, 20000 customers for their cables. That is a lots of people for one manufacturer of a product that is, at best, used for entirely non-essential indulgence at high price.