New $24,000 inter-connect

I just saw a new Audiogon listing for a $24,000 inter-connect by Matthew Bond (Tara Labs). How many ya gonna order?
128x128bdp24
Well, that is it - He needs the bucks for his attorneys.   If he faked US made products, he is probably faking the sound quality of $24,000 interconnects.   Even if he is not, I wouldn't buy from him.
"...a local cable manufacturer’s office this week, seizing more than $600,000 — worth of cables...

"Officers seized more than 42,000 cables..."
Apparently, officers were a bit more realistic and did not value cables much more than those from Home Depot.

It still remains that the company was preparing for, guessing it, 20000 customers for their cables. That is a lots of people for one manufacturer of a product that is, at best, used for entirely non-essential indulgence at high price.
If you're philosophically apposed to $24000 cables don't buy them.

Why don’t you guys turn your attention to something worth discussing?

Many audio things labeled as Made In USA contain parts that come from outside the US. I have products that are Made In USA that contain batteries made in China. I have products that are Made In USA that contain crystals from all over the world, Brazil, India, wherever. They’re still made in the US. Designed and assembled. There is no standard for what should be labeled Made In USA. Some things are Designed in USA, assembled in China. Is Apple an American product or Chinese? Some technology Made In USA is stolen and produced outside USA.

Weren’t the ubiquitous Continuous Cast Copper conductors a Japanese invention?

A couple years ago there was someone who compiled a compendium of audiophile products that were Made In the USA, including those that contained parts made outside USA. To whit,

http://americanmadeaudio.com/the-list/