New $24,000 inter-connect

I just saw a new Audiogon listing for a $24,000 inter-connect by Matthew Bond (Tara Labs). How many ya gonna order?
128x128bdp24

Showing 4 responses by spatialking

Air tube cables have been around for a very long time.  Auto FM stereo is what brought that on since the antenna is far enough away from the radio that a super low capacitance cable was needed.   I'm not sure if they are still using it or have something in place of it now.   It was a number of years ago when I read about the FM cable thing.  <1 pFd per foot rings a bell for that cable.
Well, keep in mind what a billionaire told me - never try to outbid a billionaire in an auction.   It was at a charity auction.  I kept bidding and kept losing every bid.   After the auction, he came over and thanked me.  I said, "For what, I didn't win a thing!"  He told me I drove up the prices and soon hot bidding started, which was very soon way, way out of my price range.   As a result, the charity got a lot more money than if I had kept my mouth shut.  The fact is, they have more disposable income in one year than any normal person grosses in a decade or three.  

So, take your gross salary, divide it into a billion, then take your disposable income and multiply it by the quotient.  See?  $24,000 is chump change.
@jhills - You are absolutely correct.   I do believe that is the reason for so many naysayers - no science to back up what you hear implies marketing hype.    And, there is plenty of that to go around in this industry.

Well, that is it - He needs the bucks for his attorneys.   If he faked US made products, he is probably faking the sound quality of $24,000 interconnects.   Even if he is not, I wouldn't buy from him.