New Von Schweikert VR SR4 mk11 Cream or Crap ???

It is hard to find a recent review of these speakers.
The few comments I been able to find on the Mk 11 version is that they are either very good or very bad.
All reviews seem to like the bass response, that is a good thing, but what about all the other qualities ?
Like treble, midrange, dynamics, soundstage , etc.

I am really interested in these (I like the way the look )but I have no way to audition them in the southeast corner of Michigan.

So, please anyone that can give an honest opinion of the speakers sonic qualities would be appreciated.

If your comments sound like a winner, I may hop on a plane to hear them somewhere.
128x128ozzy
Blindjim, those are intriguing questions. I don't feel I have a right to probe the company regarding issues unrelated to the review component. I think that the manufacturer would consider it a violation of the tacit agreement to focus on the product. A manufacturer may make a comment on their operations, but that is not necessarily an invitation to scrutinize their operations. As regards the publication of the review, there are so many variables in the process that it becomes impossible to give an accurate date. I'm certain it will be longer than a few weeks.

Douglas_schroeder thanks. You are both forthcoming and perceptive.

I asked those questions primarily because I felt ambiguous or grandiose statements about company revenues can be and are misleading. if taken superficially, without some measure of depth, the numbers are simply self-effacing and tenuous. Not being a 'public' company, and with no visible ledger for factual determination, numbers such as those hold near no value without being reproved.

Perhaps a zero was misplaced. Perhaps two. My consternation with unsupported allegations such as those, in light of the current stress being felt by both VSA and it's consumer base, don't truly support each other. Nor would they support the need for such wide and sweeping changes as seems the current "online only" retail scheme.

Confidence, unlike profits, is immeasureable. I see more at stake here for VSA than streamlining for efficiency and profit margins.

I, for one, enjoy the product performance VSA engenders to items it offers. Until recently both the quality level and price to performance ratio have been a true winner in several spots across the line ups array. Recent escalation of product pricing and de-escalation of tangible consumer services seem at odds. Add to that the removal of hands or ears on access to the buying public and the resultant mix is a very bold move if production capacity is stilll true to form and one which is less inspirational in total.

I truly wish VSA a very long and prosperous turn around as albert is surely a resource for true genius and implementation of design architecture in loudspeaker evolution. Add to that the very nature of competition which promotes for the buyer a better set of choices and it would be a very sad day to see such a star extinguished by itÂ’s own hand or some other perceptual lack.
I now have 240 hours on my VR 4 SR Mk 2.

The manual says to give them at least 300 hours before evaluating the sound quality.

But, so far...

The bass is getting more defined , but the soundstage still could be better.
However, I am still using the full output from rear level mid/tweeter for breakin.
I have been playing around with speaker placement.
I have them placed currently at 27" from the back wall to the back of the speaker cabinet and 38" from the sidewalls to the side of the speaker cabinet.
I do not have them toed in at all.

I also have purchased the Brass and Granite speaker outriggers.
The spike level adjustment is great and they make the Speakers look very cool.
Great product!
In my opinion, you will need to get the speakers much farther from the front wall for the bass to sound right. These are big speakers and they need some space. 27" is hardly enough for even a mini-monitor.

Oz
FWIW, I have my VR4 Gen III HSE placed with the drivers 48" from the back wall (29" from the back wall to the rear of the speakers), and I have no issues whatsoever with image or bass overload.

Remember, Ozzy that the bass port can be tuned by adding some Dacron fill. I have a handful of Dacron in my bass ports. More than that damps the bass too much for my taste.