New Von Schweikert VR SR4 mk11 Cream or Crap ???

It is hard to find a recent review of these speakers.
The few comments I been able to find on the Mk 11 version is that they are either very good or very bad.
All reviews seem to like the bass response, that is a good thing, but what about all the other qualities ?
Like treble, midrange, dynamics, soundstage , etc.

I am really interested in these (I like the way the look )but I have no way to audition them in the southeast corner of Michigan.

So, please anyone that can give an honest opinion of the speakers sonic qualities would be appreciated.

If your comments sound like a winner, I may hop on a plane to hear them somewhere.
128x128ozzy
I now have 240 hours on my VR 4 SR Mk 2.

The manual says to give them at least 300 hours before evaluating the sound quality.

But, so far...

The bass is getting more defined , but the soundstage still could be better.
However, I am still using the full output from rear level mid/tweeter for breakin.
I have been playing around with speaker placement.
I have them placed currently at 27" from the back wall to the back of the speaker cabinet and 38" from the sidewalls to the side of the speaker cabinet.
I do not have them toed in at all.

I also have purchased the Brass and Granite speaker outriggers.
The spike level adjustment is great and they make the Speakers look very cool.
Great product!
In my opinion, you will need to get the speakers much farther from the front wall for the bass to sound right. These are big speakers and they need some space. 27" is hardly enough for even a mini-monitor.

Oz
FWIW, I have my VR4 Gen III HSE placed with the drivers 48" from the back wall (29" from the back wall to the rear of the speakers), and I have no issues whatsoever with image or bass overload.

Remember, Ozzy that the bass port can be tuned by adding some Dacron fill. I have a handful of Dacron in my bass ports. More than that damps the bass too much for my taste.
Thanks, I will keep trying different positions.
I might add that I have them about 10 feet apart.
My room is 18' x 25" with an 8 foot ceiling
Your room is very close to mine in size. My room is 15.5' x 26' and I have my HSEs 76" into the room measured to the back of the cabinet. They are only about 8 ft. apart, center to center with about 1" of toe in. This seems to give me the best balance between SS width and image density. But if the Sr.s are like other VS offerings I have heard, you probably are only about half way there with break in. It took my original VR4s about about 500-600 hrs before I felt they sounded their best.

Oz