Onkyo m510 grand integra

Hello. I am planning to buy this amp (used). Does anybody know it or has ever listened to it? The system would include proac d80 speakers, an accuphase dp 67 cd player and a BAT vk 3 preamp. Music that I usually listen to includes pretty much everything except rap and heavy metal. Thanks in advance for your recomendations.
frankie67

Showing 1 response by playdrv4me

Almost bought one of these just now but something someone said above struck a chord... Sure, this amp will likely meet or exceed the sonic qualities of the Krell and Levinson stuff of that era, and is in many respects probably of better quality, but a serious problem presents if the thing ever breaks down (and it will, at some point, need caps, or other parts replaced). Unless you are buying it for its collectible value, be prepared to run straight into a brick wall should it ever need service.

For the price these go for you're pretty much right on the cusp, or even exceeding in some cases the price of a pair of McIntosh MC501 Monoblocks which will be nearly forever serviceable and retain their value almost as well. Some guy at a stereo shop in California (Allegro) is trying to get 10 grand for one of these, and at that point you could do so much better. Almost got mine for 5500 then I had to think twice about future repairs.