Onkyo m510 grand integra

Hello. I am planning to buy this amp (used). Does anybody know it or has ever listened to it? The system would include proac d80 speakers, an accuphase dp 67 cd player and a BAT vk 3 preamp. Music that I usually listen to includes pretty much everything except rap and heavy metal. Thanks in advance for your recomendations.
frankie67
Greetings. I actually have one of these Onkyo M-510's and love it. First, I will confirm the obvious. The 510 is extremely powerful, dynamic, very clean, and presents well. I have been running it with an Audio Research LS2B preamp, and a Marantz SA-11S1 super audio cd player. I have pushed the Paradigm Studio 100's, JBL 240ti's, and Sonus Faber Concerto's with it. All of them sounded great. Definitely very tight and fast bass, and deep. This amp will not run out of power too easily.

I do not agree with people that have or have had 1 or 2 "expensive audiophile" amps in their lives, passing judgement/knocking against such an impressive machine, without ever hearing it. Onkyo only made a few of these, as their flagship taunting, and they are loaded with very serious hardware.

Bottom line, this is an awesome amp, capable of running in different circles and coming up respectable. Lastly, has anyone seen the resale value of a Krell or a Mark Levinson amp, 10-20 years later ? Funny, but I always see them selling for about 1/2 (half) of the original list price, and often taking weeks to sell. This would "Never" happen with a Grand Integra. Food for thought. Peace out.
Extremesounds100: "Funny, but I always see them selling for about 1/2 (half) of the original list price, and often taking weeks to sell. This would "Never" happen with a Grand Integra. Food for thought. Peace out."

My pair of Levinson ML-2's sell for approx. their newprice ;-)
Almost bought one of these just now but something someone said above struck a chord... Sure, this amp will likely meet or exceed the sonic qualities of the Krell and Levinson stuff of that era, and is in many respects probably of better quality, but a serious problem presents if the thing ever breaks down (and it will, at some point, need caps, or other parts replaced). Unless you are buying it for its collectible value, be prepared to run straight into a brick wall should it ever need service.

For the price these go for you're pretty much right on the cusp, or even exceeding in some cases the price of a pair of McIntosh MC501 Monoblocks which will be nearly forever serviceable and retain their value almost as well. Some guy at a stereo shop in California (Allegro) is trying to get 10 grand for one of these, and at that point you could do so much better. Almost got mine for 5500 then I had to think twice about future repairs.
I have one i put a Cary tube preamp and infinity kappa 9's ,I had 10 different amps and set ups,,,this amp was Unreal,,endless power ,,and the sonic's the thing has!, hope this helps