Plinth to armboard interface Garrard 301 plinth

I’m re-doing some things on my Garrard 301, adding another arm board and redoing the current one. was wondering what people are using if anything for interface between the arm board wood and plinth wood. I could also use a metal for the arm board if that’s better.

I was using a small bead of blue tack (ok the stuff i got is white but the same idea) between the arm board and plinth for a more even connection and maybe some isolation, then screws. Some one mentioned its better to have a more solid connection. I have though about a hard rubber maybe as a gasket type of idea, or should I just screw it down wood on wood. metal on wood etc.

Has anyone experimented with this? 

Glen 
128x128glennewdick

Showing 1 response by islandmandan

I've had good luck with my 6" layered MDF plinth, Solid Purpleheart slabs, using 1" face board, 3/8" Purpleheart top and side plates, for my Garrard 401/Denon 103R. Purpleheart arm board is solidly affixed to the plinth using stainless allen screws.

The whole assembly is around 70lbs. It has Edensound Bear Paw brass footers (@6 lbs. ea.) on a Brightstar Audio BigRock 2, sitting on a wall-mount stand. It has been very rewarding to listen to since I finished it a couple of years ago.

Regards,
Dan