Preowned Focal 1027Be or New Focal Aria 936?

I'm considering purchasing a pair of Focal Aria 936 speakers that will be paired with an old McIntosh Mc2205 and C27 preamp. I've demoed the Arias at a dealer and really liked the way they sounded, but as is often the case, another contender has stuck it's head into the ring. Someone recently posted a pair of gently used Focal 1027Be speakers on Craigslist. I now find myself in a bit of a dilemma as to which ones to choose. Should I opt for the originally higher priced 1027's, or go with the newer technology of the 936's? The used 1027Be's are about the same, if not slightly less than the new Aria 936's. I have not yet heard the 1027Be's, but can anyone who has provide any guidance? 
radmobile

Showing 1 response by kosst_amojan

The 1027 is going to deliver significantly less bass than the 936. I'm not sure the better tweeter is worth the compromise in bass. Beyond that, I think the F cone and W cone have their own sound and virtues. I wouldn't buy one Focal product unheard because I liked another with completely different drivers. That Mac is going to tilt the sound up a little bit and I'd avoid a driver known for brightness like the Be.