Quad ESL service, Electrostatic Solutions or Quads Unlimited ?

Hello,
      My Quad ESL 63 US Monitors are finally needing help after 28 years of good service. Has anybody worked with Electrostatic Solutions or Quads Unlimited ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                      Regards, Mike
lanceman1

Showing 1 response by f456gt

Hi,
My ESL 63s were at Picquet's shop for almost two years, it was a nightmare. He was always asking for more money. I received the speakers with parts missing. He said that the missing parts on the speakers were a result of very difficult times for him as he had endured seven heart attacks and open heart surgery and had also endured some memory loss as a result. Then, in another e-mail he said he lost his book and had suffered over nine heart attacks this time and had some unexpected expenses so he was waiting to collect a balance ...he had to spend money he didn't have. He also lost his grandmother several times... Almost $3K for an unfinished job. I could have taken him to court here in the State of Florida but it would have been expensive.   

In the end I had to ship the speakers to Sheldon Stokes in NH - Quadesl.com - to finish the job. I am very satisfied with Sheldon's work and integrity.