Quit vinyl?

I'm in the process of upgrading my system, and looking for a new amp. All modern amps have only line inputs, so I either have to keep my Rotel RQ 970 pre-pre, or find a suitable amp. Now I asked myself how often I use my turntable, and that is not much, actually: almost never. So should I quit vinyl, sell mu turntable and pre-pre, which also will provide some extra cash, or do you guys reckon I will kick myself in the head in a couple of years? Any experiences? BTW, it's not a question of sound quality, just convenience and space, and I own about 400 records....

Thanx, Satch.
satch
Well, if you are not using the TT, then obviously either you don't think the sound quality improvement is significant, or you feel the convenience of digital is more important.

In any case, if you don't use it, then you are not getting use from your investment.

If you don't think that you are going to go back to using the TT, then sell it.
I feel your pain. Now pack up all that analog garbage and ship it to me. I'll let you know how it sounds later so you'll be glad that you took my advice.

Seriously, I assume that your talking preamps here. I agree that most pre's these days do not include a phono stage but there are some very good, reasonably priced phono stages that will plug into your Rotel's aux input.

Since you don't seem interested in enjoying vinyl now, big mistake IMHO, haven't you answered your own question? I sounds like you feel there is some circumstance or issue that will change in the future that would cause you to play your Thorens more. You'll have to fill us in some more.
I wonder if your reluctance to make this decision reflects an attachment to your 400 records, to your rig or both?

If it's mostly your records you feel attached to, why not sell the rig but keep the records? That way when you come to your senses all will not be lost. Replacing a TT is easy enough. Replacing old vinyl favorites may not be.

If space is that tight, send the vinyl to Dan_ed for safekeeping. I'm pretty sure he'd take good care of it for you!
For about 30 years I hung onto about 450 LPs that I bought back in the late 60s and 70s. They just sat in storage in a couple of wooden crates. I nearly pulled them out a couple of times to sell at garage sales over the decades.

Then about 3 or 4 years ago, I decided to get a decent VPI turntable and an old Audio Research SP8 pre just to listen to some of the old out of print tunes. After cleaning the LPs with a Nitty Gritty machine and RR deep clean and vinyl wash, I was absolutely floored by how good these 30 year old chunks of vinyl really sound.

The moral of the story.....hang on to what you've got. It's irreplaceable, and you just may decide to get back into it at some point.

My 2 cents worth.