SL1200GAE New Tonearm

Want to change the stock arm. Looking at a triplaner 9" vii any other one around $3500 new used . No preferences in particular.
128x128jtsnead

Showing 4 responses by nkonor

I am quite sure the Technics tonearm is good. I have listened to the stock 1200G more than a few times. 

I was the first to post on this Forum about the Technics TT and about replacing the stock arm.

I have now done so and am Happy that I did. As Ralph states; I had the TT sent to him. He did nothing to promote the mod to me.

Final Thought; The Technics and probably anyone of the great arms out there Will be Game Changers.

I have spoken to Bill Voss; Technics is listening. They are moving forward in the High End.

Keep your mind, eyes and ears open. More to come.

Best to All on this Journey 
I wish All here would show their conviction in their opinions and do take their own advice.

I chased the Technics mod since Axpona 2016 when I was the Only one in the room. In minutes, I heard what the Technics could do. I looked it over, talked to the rep. I Knew that I wanted this TT; no matter the look ___ I heard SPEED control, no doubting it and what it conferred to the MUSIC. I knew from 30yrs chasing the High End grail and 45yrs chasing the grail -(15) as a poor ‘phile.

R, I chased this and researched this for 2 years. Do l want to go through all your tweaks? Multiple tonearm  re-wires, multiple headshells, you forgot the “Constant Contact” and all the critical listening. Don’t worry about My money, I will because it is mine.

I did not buy this rig for looks; although I do like it. Fine Industrial.

SQ,  Plain and simple. A new High End TT at a Bargain price and a true Value in need of great tonearm. IMO 

Waste time and $$$ on tweaks and then buying the the real thing when you realize you could be enjoying?

Not me, I always ask for more.  

Best St to All on this Journey 
jtsnead,

This Forum might be my only way to communicate today. Computer is totally down and phone is having issues too.  

I did send you photos and tried email too. I don’t know if you received??
Jerry,

Congratulations !!  I know it sounds great !!   Looks good too !!

Who did the mod ? The armboard ? Have you tried different mats yet? How about record weights ? Did you use it stock for awhile and run the motor in ?

I believe that you are the 5th person to mod the Technics w/ Triplanar. I know Ralph has done 4 mods including mine.
More to discover