SL1200GAE New Tonearm

Want to change the stock arm. Looking at a triplaner 9" vii any other one around $3500 new used . No preferences in particular.
128x128jtsnead
@chakster I had an OEM Rega tonearm which I used for testing. Rewired it a number of times and tried most of the better know tonearm wire on the market. Cartridges used were OC9/II and ART9. I have since moved on to 2M Black and SME 309, but the results still hold true.

I have an exceptional sound memory and extensive knowledge in what to listen for. Familiarity of the system is also a key factor. I consistently prefer silver wire when it comes to anything related to phono. I see that Ortofon, SME, John Curl, and many others have also come to a similar conclusion. My preferred manufacturer of silver phono cabling is van den Hul.

As for recommending other members to modify commercial equipment, I would never do that. But upgrading the cartridge leads to Ortofon's silver LW 800 S and tonearm cable to van den Hul's D-501 Silver Hybrid would have my highest recommendation. 
Problem is that atmasphere is a seller and always post to promote something of his busine$$.
@rauliruegas I'm calling BS on this. Every Triplanar we've installed on SL1200G 'tables was shipped to us by the customer. Get your facts straight. 
I am quite sure the Technics tonearm is good. I have listened to the stock 1200G more than a few times. 

I was the first to post on this Forum about the Technics TT and about replacing the stock arm.

I have now done so and am Happy that I did. As Ralph states; I had the TT sent to him. He did nothing to promote the mod to me.

Final Thought; The Technics and probably anyone of the great arms out there Will be Game Changers.

I have spoken to Bill Voss; Technics is listening. They are moving forward in the High End.

Keep your mind, eyes and ears open. More to come.

Best to All on this Journey 
I know that the stock arm is very good. I also picked up a GAE version of this table and they sound the same. I have always like the TP arms since I first saw them years ago and the company started in my state so I have kind of followed their progression. I like the look of them and that is driving 25% of my decision. With have the G here also I could do a fairly easy swap between the stock tablle/arm and the GAE with the TP, but it will be 2 to 3 weeks.

@nkonor I pm'd you wanted some pics sent to me please if you could.
@atmasphere : "   Every Triplanar we've installed on SL1200G 'tables was shipped to us by the customer. "

So Do you do for free?, BS. That's a seller here and in Venus or Jupiter.

R.