Speakers for Lamm ML2.1

I am pretty close to making a decision on speakers for my Lamm ML2.1. I listen to jazz and classical music mainly. Front end is currently Wadia but will probably switch to EMM set up. I have a Budget of $50,000 for the speakers. I usually prefer to buy new. Room size is currenly 20x21 with 9 ft ceiling, however custom room once the speakers are bought. Wanted to hear from experianced audiophiles on which direction they would go.

comments appreaciated
thx andy
rumney510
If you search around for what people have said about the ML2.1's, you'll find that they can drive any fairly high sensitivity speaker to loud listening levels with little distortion. From what I've read, anything above about 90dB would probably work fine.

Any dealer who is going to sell you $50,000 speakers should let you bring the Lamm's in and audition the system for yourself.

May I suggest that you consider building the room before buying the speakers so that you can audition them in the new room?

Obviously I'm not the expert that Wright2005 is (ahem), so take my suggestions with a grain of salt.
Rumney510, be sure not to overlook the Sonus Faber Stradivari (92db)- I have been running them with Lamm ML2's/ Lamm Reference Pre since April last year and have never been happier. My room is 11m x 5m x 3m. I listen to jazz,female vocals and classical.They have absolutely no problem driving the Stradivari's to more than adequate levels.

I use Cardas Golden Reference IC's and Golden Cross speaker cable.
Rumney510: The Von Schweikert VR-9SE is a speaker that would easily be driven by ML2.1's. We have had lower power on them in a slightly larger room and they were easily driven to levels we would never listen to. They have a 96db sensitivity and the built in subwoofer is powered by a 1000 watt amplifier. They would be an incredibly easy load for the LAMM's.

Especially in a room such as yours, the VR-9SE's with their adjustability with the integrated powered subwoofer, gain controls for the tweeters and super tweeter make them a speaker you should strongly consider. The speaker is remarkable and works anywhere.

As the distributor for the VSA elite line, I would be happy to direct you to a place for audition.