Speakers that turn your analytical mind off?

I am fortunate enough to own a wonderful pair of speakers and yet I catch myself noting how good a flute sounds or some other dissected component of the music rather than the music as a whole. When I'm in the shower and listening to sonos through our bathroom in ceiling speakers, I don't dissect the music and find it much easier to connect with the music.
For those left brained folks, have you found speakers that turn your analytical mind off and allow you to connect with the music ass a whole?
schw06

Showing 2 responses by zd542

"When I'm in the shower and listening to sonos through our bathroom in ceiling speakers, I don't dissect the music and find it much easier to connect with the music.
For those left brained folks, have you found speakers that turn your analytical mind off and allow you to connect with the music ass a whole?"

For the most part, that doesn't have much to do with your equipment as it does your expectations. When you are sitting in front of your high end audio system, you expect it to sound a certain way. That's why you bought it to begin with. When you are in a less than optimal setting like a car, shower or gym with headphones, you're content to just hear the music and not worry about the small details like you would if you were in front of your system. Its really not something that you can undo. If you go out and buy a pair of less detailed speakers, music will still sound good in the shower, but you'll then miss the quality when sitting in your listening chair.

One exception may be poor recordings. Quite often, poor recordings will sound much worse on a good system, than they will on less revealing systems. In that case, it may make sense to go with a more forgiving 2nd system.
"08-26-14: Czarivey
Shw06,
I've listened to lots of music(being a media dealer), but couldn't figure out which one I'd be able to listen during the shower.
Mind my curiosity? Suggestions?"

Get some marine or outdoor speakers and mount them about ear level on the wall opposite the shower head.