Technics SL1200G vs GAE

Folks,
After talking to some of our knowledgeable members here I am getting ready to get a SL1200G or a GAE. At the moment I have an offer for both of them. The price differential is also about $1200 (mere coincidence). I know that the GAE comes with a better arm and some additional isolation. I am not interested in the tonearm since I will most probably upgrade to a better one. But otherwise, is the GAE clearly a better TT and worth paying $1200 more ? I could use the $1200 towards a better tonearm. I also read a review of 1200G where the reviewer strongly suggested to isolate the TT well in order to get the expected performance. Now thats another area to look at. If the GAE is almost ready to plug n play without requiring much more isolation then it is an incentive for me. 

Can any forum member here throw some light on these aspects and probably help me in the buying decision ?
pani

Showing 2 responses by billstevenson

There is no difference between the G and the GAE versions, same arm, same isolation.  I love my GAE, there is nothing wrong with the arm or the isolation on it.