Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Andy -  the circuits control the drivers for a net 6dB / octave slope all the way down, including the interaction with the top end of the port where another pole is added to the top end of the woofer xo. Various conjugate circuits are applied to counteract bare driver anomalies. Since the usable driver range extends more than 3 octaves beyond the crosspoint, drastic measures can be called for.

As I said, I doubt that Jim would have tried to cross that midrange with that woofer, requring so much attenuation. He would have developed a smaller midrange with a higher natural bass roll out, to better match the 8" woofer with less brute force required.
jacksky

Thank You for citing your system- especially the cables! 
Keep us posted as you massage those Thiel speakers into your room/system.  Bryston is a sonic match.

Happy Listening!
hi Bighempin,   it was great seeing you and i am so glad you enjoyed your visit.   I am honored and pleased that my system sounded so good to you.   I  am such a huge fan of the PS gear and think the BHK amps are fantastic with Thiel speakers (at least with the 2.7and 3.7 as i have not tried others with the PS amp).  However i think that most people who have not experienced what one of the PS power plants can do are missing out on getting the best from their systems.   I have owned numerous iterations of them and the P15 and P20 will transform your system for sure.  Even the older and smaller models are great and are critical for a system to perform at its best.  I sure hope you can get the speakers you want especially the 3.7's as they are like mini IRS speakers.
ronkent

Great to see you in this New Year. I have missed your comments and contributions. Good to read that you are still enjoying the PS Audio/Thiel Audio combination. Those BHK amps are really catching on to Audiophiles across various forums. Agreed, PS Audio Power Plants are highly regarded in the 2-channel and home theater arenas.
As your schedule allows, post some of your fave albums or musical passages/selections, that demonstrate your system's sonic capabilities.

Happy Listening!