Vandersteen Treo CT, Pair of Sub threes and Lyngdorf TDAI 3400

Hello all,

I am investing in a system upgrade.  My room is not the greatest and I won't be doing any acoustic treatments to it.

Basically the main speakers need to be within 12 to 18 inches of the wall (WAF).  Because of this I am thinking of building the system around Lyngdorf and Room Perfect.

I am thinking of pairing the Vandersteen Treo CT with a Pair of Sub threes.  I would be driving these with a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400.  

My question is the SUB Three's have room EQ and the Lyngdorf has room correction.

How would I set these up together?

Would I get the SUB Three's set up and them run the Lyngdorf Room Perfect

or

Would the room perfect render the SUB Three's EQ as useless in that case I would just by the cheaper Vandy V2W subs without the EQ and let room perfect blend the subs and mains.

Thanks in advance for any help.

efoo

Showing 12 responses by efoo

Thanks I will give Johnny a call.  He seems to be well regarded in the Vandy world!
I was going with the Lyngdorf because the treos need to be within 18 inches of the wall.  Not optimal I know.  I thought the room perfect would help with this.
I can't pull them out farther than 18 inches from the wall.  

I know the optimal spot is more like 3 or 4 feet.

But for WAF it is my limit.  Thats why I was leaning toward the Lyngdorf with room perfect.
All of these great comments have given me enough pause so...... 
I think I am going to start slow and order the Treo CTs and hook them up to my Mcintosh MA6500.  I have an extra Velodyne DD12 so I may hook that up as well so I can get a feel for sub with the Treos.  Ultimately I like the idea of a sub three or 2 sub threes with the treos.

Then I can take my time picking the right amp and pre or integrated.
Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your thoughtful responses.  I am currently traveling in CA I will try to give you a call next week to talk through your last post.

I think you have hit the nail right on the head.  My worry was always how the EQ with the Sub threes would work with the room perfect from the Lyngdorf.

Elliot
Thanks B... I will do that 

BrianG and Mofojo does that mean that the Lyngdorf would act like the Vandersteen high pass?
Johnny you are the man.   I will call you when I get back from CA.

The Aesthetix Mimas  sound like it may be perfect for what I am trying to do and since you know it will work from a DNA standpoint it may be just the ticket.
I am in irvine, heading back to Rochester NY tomorrow.

How long have you had your treo's
Just had a great call with Johnny.  So worth the time.  Discovered Belles is 2 miles from my house LOL.
So here is the update.  I am leaning toward getting the Quatro Wood CTs instead of the Treos.  After reading all of your advice and speaking with Johnny I have pretty much decided against the lyngdorf.  Now the question is do I go with Asthetix Minas, Belles separates - pre and mono blocks or maybe even the new Belles virtuoso.   Thanks you guys are steering me in the right direction and helping me spend money LOL!