Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
@banquo363 

I use acupwr for my japanesse vintage gear: http://acupwr.com/pages/voltage-transformers-converters

I saw them before, nice, but i need stepdown 220/240v to 100v
Can't find anything like that on their page
Banquo, I am trying to figure out how to fit the TT101 into either of my two audio systems.  The question is complex, because the first thing I want to do is to audition my Fidelity Research FR64S tonearm, for the first time since I bought it several years ago.  It's ready to roll, on the QL10 plinth for the TT101. This means I want to use a low compliance cartridge, which means a low output cartridge.  That won't work on my basement system, because the phono stage there is strictly MM and I don't own a SUT.  Plus, I am very fond of the Lenco/Dynavector DV505 on that system. Upstairs, I have 3 turntables already set up. One of them will have to go into storage, most likely the Denon DP80.
Lewm,

Damn,  life just sucks sometimes!  I say that with 'tongue in cheek'! (grin)
We should all be so un-lucky!

Regards!
Lewm,

I think the two IC’s that are the hardest to find are the SC3042 and the TC5001 The rest of them are readily available today, Counters, Flip Flops, etc. I did a check on the third CMOS IC IC602 (C14046) that one is available even as a surface mount today.

As far as "designing" a replacement board, I think this is not feasible, of course for someone with a lot of time one his/her hands, it should be do able.

The replacement transistors for the ones used extensively in the TT101 2SA628A and 2SC711A I have replaced them with the Fairchild KSA992 and KSC1845 - they appear to be working as suitable replacements - although I still have several issues with the salvage TT101 I bought, more to follow on that.

Good Listening

Peter

PBNaudio,

I believe you mentioned Peter that among the DD tables you've restored your list included a SP-10 Mk2.  I have one which has been calibrated and seems to be functioning fine, but I'm pushing my luck by not yet having replaced all the electrolytic caps.  Now I believe Lewm said his tech replaced some diodes along with the electrolytics.  So for the benefit of Technics owners could you share if you found need to replace anything more than the caps?

Thanks